Sunday, May 16, 2010

Useful sources :)

The field of media is nowadays one of the fields that are being explored the most. There are many articles concerning this topic and giving it positive as well as negative attributes.
I would like to recommend several web pages that I find very interesting to read and explore.


The first one is Media Research center. This is an organization established in 1987 whose goal is to fight media bias. As the web page states, “the mission of the Media Research Center is to bring balance and responsibility to the news media”. It might not directly correlate to my topic, but much information disposable on this web page might help us prevent stealing our identity and individuality.
Although the organization is concerned with what happens in USA, I find it very interesting because there are many interesting articles and stands among actual events occupying worldwide events.
Besides articles, MRC offers subscription to different newsletters, their annual reports, different discussions among politics, diverse columns and they also annually give The Dishonor Award which goes to “most outrageously biased liberal reporters as selected by a distinguished panel of leading media observers” (www.mediaresearch.org).
So, if you are interested in influence of the media, visit: http://www.mrc.org/public/default.aspx



Since there is a wide choice of sources today which might help us create our opinion or maybe change it, I would like to recommend a web page which has great number of articles coming from different newspapers and magazines all around the world. It is possible to find articles concerning almost every field. There are categories according to which it is possible to sort search results so finding the right article seems to be very helpful.
I personally found many articles which helped me developing my topic and support in better. Also, the web page provides many case studies and newsletters for those who are interested in one specific field.
Here is the address: http://findarticles.com/



The next page I would like to recommend is actually a forum, but I think it is very useful because it is the place where people express their opinion and that is exactly what actually matters today. While doing research for my topic, I found this page and there was a post with comments below which helped me think about many different perspectives of this topic.
The page I’m recommending is called College.net and it is made for current and future college students. They can create profiles, discuss ideas, earn scholarships.. I believe it is very useful and definitely worth checking out. This is what the page guarantees:
“Our site is 100% supported by advertisers and scholarship sponsors. CollegeNET respects your data privacy and does not sell your personal data.”
Good enough? :)
Here is the link:
http://www.collegenet.com/elect/app/app?service=external/Forum&sp=3874
This is where I found some interesting information. If you want to check the page for your interest, here is the Home link:
http://www.collegenet.com/elect/app/app?service=page/Home

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment