Saturday, May 22, 2010

Personal Recommendations Part 1


While reading some of the blogs from my classmates, I found several really interesting and informative topics which might interest most of bloggers.

The first blog I would like to recommend is by Nathalie. She writes about media violence. Anybody would firstly think of it as a pretty common topic, but I must say I was surprised when I read some of her posts. She analyses the topic in many details and brings innovative ideas and information. Take some time and visit her blog: link



Next blog that I visited was by Pete. He writes about the rise of modern media which presents a threat to traditional media. He found some statistics which testify about the real danger of disappearance of written media. I was very impressed with statistics and his blog in general so if you are interested in that topic, visit link

Since there were so many diverse topics we discussed during Media and Society this semester, there are also many blogs concerned with wide spectrum of topics. After Media Violence and Rise of Modern Media, I would like to recommend some more blogs which are also definitely worth visiting.



One of those blogs is Sanja's. She writes about another common topic on untypical way which is what actually makes her blog worth checking out. Changed body image in one of the biggest negative media effects, but the first association mostly goes to problems with female population while males are struggling exactly the same problem. Anyway, she raises that issue and it is definitely worth reading. It changed my perception of the problem so it might have similar influence on you too :) Here is the link

The last (but not least) blog I would like to recommend for now is by Tatia. She writes about Portrayal of women in the media. One of the very interesting things is discrimination of elderly and she analyses the problem in detail so I would definitely advice you to visit her blog and enjoy some good reading :) Here is the link

I truly hope that all of you find these blogs as interesting as I did, together with some more which I'm planning on recommending in my next post. Until then, enjoy :)

Photos:
Check It out. Photograph. Web. 22 May 2010. link

Smiley. Photograph. Web. 22 May 2010. link

Thumbs Up. Photograph. Web. 22 May 2010. link

No comments:

Post a Comment